Downloading files to your computer and then re-uploading them into Descript is a time-consuming task. Edit in Descript removes this process and streamlines your workflow to get you editing content quicker. This article covers how to get your Restream recordings in Descript using the Edit in Descript integration.
Using Edit In Descript with Restream
In order to take advantage of this feature in Descript, you need to be a Restream user with a recording ready for import.
1. Navigate to your Restream Video Storage and select the Recordings tab.
2. Click the vertical ellipses under the recording you wish to export to Descprit and select Edit in Descript.
3. Sign in to your Descript account or sign up for a Descript account to continue. You will see the Import Page.
The Import Page will show you the list of Restream files you are importing and allow you to set the Drive location and transcription language when importing your files.
Setting Up Your New Project
4. Type in your project’s name set the Drive location, select the transcription language and click Create Project and Import Files. A prompt will appear to open Descript or download the application.
5. Click Open Descript or Download the Descript app to open your Descript project.
Re-opening the Import Page
Now that your project has been created, if you try re-opening the Import Page via the corresponding link, you will be prompted to open your newly created project.
Your Restream files will begin importing and you can monitor the progress from inside your project.
Once it’s done, you can start editing your Restream recordings in Descript and publish them directly to Restream when you are finished.